Sunday, April 12, 2009

Some bunny loves you!

Hoppy Easter everyone!  (Jason and I have been getting a kick out of saying that today).  

We had big plans for Elena's first Easter. We planned on dressing her up all fancy and showing her off at church for the first time. Unfortunately about a week ago Elena caught her first cold. This is something I haven't mentioned on the blog yet.  Poor little girl was MISERABLE! It was/is so sad... you could see it in her watery little eyes. She was not happy, nor were we. We have no idea where she got it from, noone has been sick around us and she hasn't been in daycare in a long time. We just don't want it to happen again or at least until she knows how to blow her nose (suctioning out snot with that mini turkey baster thingie was not fun). The good news is that she was starting to feel a bit better. The bad news is that she now has an ear infection.  Poor Leni.

So... Elena and I stayed home for Easter while Jason went to church for some Jesus time with his family. It really was a bummer though. I really wanted to get her gussied up in this fancy Gap dress that my aunt brought for her on Friday. I decided to get her in the dress and do a little photo shoot anyways, but the pics didn't turn out that great. For obvious reasons Leni was not in the best of moods, but here is the best one I got, which is still pretty cute.  Don't forget to take notice of those gorgeously dyed eggs that I slaved over... they were personalized for each family member! Elena and I stopped by Grandma Jenny's house for brunch and we played the "egg game" to see who's egg was the strongest. Laura's egg remained undefeated at the end of it all!  Everyone will be eating egg salad this week... well, everyone except Adam  ;o) 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your picture turned out great! Maybe you should consider photography. I am not kidding either...

luv,
jen Hoppe Easter!