Friday, April 3, 2009

Back to work, but only for a short time

The automotive industry here is Detroit is going down the tubes. My company had already had a layoff while I was on maternity leave, but luckily I was protected under the family medical leave act.  I was back at work for only a short time before there were rumblings of another bigger layoff. Everyone was getting mentally prepared for what is to come, including myself. The day arrived and I was one of the many chosen ones. Luckily I was prepared for possible bad news. My time back at work was short, but sweet (less then 1 month back), but at least I got some severance out of it! Now I can spend more time with baby Elena while I look for something new.  I am sure she will miss her new friends at the daycare, but she will be back if I find something new. 

Taking care of Elena these past few days has been easier then when she was a newborn. The ladies at the daycare have put her on a schedule, which makes her much more predictable.  She is holding her head up strong now and can't stop looking at her hands.  She is babbling constantly!! She will definitely be a talkative little girl, I already see it!! 

Today we practiced how to sit in the bumbo chair.  She is doing very well as you can see! She is becoming a "big girl", and always gets a kick out of someone telling her that!!! She laughs her little bootie off!! It is so cute!


Here is a video that took this morning of a conversation I had with Leni about Koney...


No comments: